BTG Labs’ Surface Analyst is more than just a fast, easy, accurate, hand-held, non-destructive, objective surface cleanliness gauge. It encompasses features to personalize your application for measuring on different parts and for different purposes.
Because we work in highly diverse industries with countless applications from bonded nut plates on fighter jets to printed labels on packaging to hydrophilic coating on medical tubing our instrument is built to personalize your application.
The Surface Analyst features include charting results and statistics capabilities; modifiable material profiles for any application; auto drop detect for faster in-line operation; and adjustable drop size for easy measurements on any surface. These and other features of the Surface Analyst allow a manufacturer to personalize and optimize their surface critical processes.
Check out this list of some features you might not be using, but you should.
- Performance Verification Check Surface (PVCS): These cards provided by BTG Labs contain surfaces with known contact angles. Using these cards, the instrument auto adjusts if necessary. Performance Verification is a quick and easy way to ensure the instrument is maintaining accurate measurements.
- Surfactant detection: Because surfactants can produce deceivingly low contact angles and give a false reading of a contaminant free surface, the Surface Analyst has a specially designed surfactant detection. This feature uses dynamic wetting to detect unwanted surfactant on the surface which can hinder bonding, sealing, and coating.
- Test note: This lets the user make a special note to accompany measurements. This feature is useful, for example, when measuring different areas of a part. The test note can identify the measurements taken in specific areas.
- Auto drop detect: Auto drop detect allows for users to cut out a step in the measurement process by automatically passing or failing the drop instead of asking the user to accept or reject.
- Material profiles: With this feature, the user can create a profile that is specific to each application and set pass/fail ranges accordingly. This allows for flexibility and precision whether it’s measuring on metals, composites, polymers, reflective surfaces, convex surfaces, etc.
- Small drops: This feature lets the user change the drop size if the measurement surface is small. This feature comes in handy on surfaces such as catheters, circuit boards, or even perforated metal.
- Reanalyze previous image: Double check the image without having to take another drop. This allows for a recalculation of the same drop as it can be hard to get to the exact same spot with a second drop.
- Charting results/stat capabilities: This feature quickly generates statistics and charts based on measurements. This allows for the quality department to easily extract data for analysis in the lab or a quick factory floor check.
- Dyne correlation: For those who speak dyne, this feature allows for easy transition through translation of contact angle numbers to dyne numbers for suppliers and customers who are still speaking dyne.
- Auto shut down: This adjustable auto shut down helps save battery life.
Contact BTG Labs today to learn more of the features you may not know about, but can optimize your Surface Analyst experience.